.30 / $15
This includes thirty minutes of relaxation and rejuvenation in our hot rock wet saunas, AND healthy fruit slices and cold water, while you are relaxing!
Due to the large volume of slimming spa clients at both locations, space is very limited for this spa. We utilize our saunas for many of our slimming and beauty treatments. Please call atleast one day ahead to schedule your appointment for the Hot Rock Sauna Soak.
First and foremost, saunas and steambaths should be viewed as leisure products. They provide a relaxing and enjoyable environment to help you kick back and unwind. A place to find peace of mind, relaxation and contentment. In other words, away to deal with daily stress with a smile on your face and a spring in your step.
Having said that, there are all kinds of established and professed health benefits from saunas and steambaths. We have reviewed the literature and listed some of most significant health advantages:
- During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75%. This provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise. The increased cardiac load is the equivalent to a brisk walk. There is a nominal effect on blood pressure because the heat also causes blood vessels in skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.
- Blood vessels become more flexible and there is increased circulation to the extremities. During a sauna, blood flow to the skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). This brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue resulting in glowing healthy skin.
- Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
- When taking a sauna, skin temperature rises to 40°C (104°F) and internal body temperature rises to about 38°C (100.4°F). Exposure to the high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body’s natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).
- Spas and other such therapeutic facilities utilize saunas and steambaths in conjunction with massage to loosen fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite.
- Many regular steam and sauna users claim that a “good sweat” at the onset helps relieve and ward off the most severe symptoms of cold or flu.
Some of the other benefits associated with saunas and steambaths include:
- Relief from the pain and stiffness of arthritis.
- Steam is an excellent treatment for respiratory problems, such as; chest congestion, bronchitis, laryngitis and sinusitis.
- Revives tired and strained muscles after physical exertion.
- The cleansing effect of profuse perspiration helps provide healthy skin and a clear complexion.